SVN server on Synology DSM 5.0
It’s pretty easy to set up the SVN server together with WebSVN feature. I’m running DSM 5.0 on Synology DiskStation DS214se. Thanks to tagd from this forum post I managed to integrate WebSVN without hassle.
- Install SVN package through DSM Package Center
- Using the SVN diskstation package UI, create a repository and user who can access it
- Enable Web Station in DSM Control Panel and create new Virtual Host let’s say ‘websvn’ on port 80
- (Optional) Set up WebSVN
- Download WebSVN zip and extract it into a web/websvn folder we created through Virtual Host
- Make a copy of web/websvn/include/distconfig.php and rename it to config.php
- In config.php add one line somewhere around line 100 as follows:
$config->addRepository('<repository name>','svn://<diskstation hostname or IP>/<repository name from step 2>',null,'<user from step 2>','<password>');
- If you wish to restrict access to the WebSVN page, follow this tutorial with the following updates to it.
- It is slightly outdated so if you use DSM 5.0 and later, substitute the /usr/syno/apache/ folder with /etc/httpd/.
- To have diff listing working add the following line to config.php somewhere around line 484:
- If you want to work with the repository from outside your local network, set up port forwarding for port 3690 (svn) and port 80 (websvn). If your router supports UPnP, enable the port forwarding easily in Control Panel -> Info Center -> Service.
It worked for me having installed DSM 5.0-4458 Update 1, SVN package v1.8.5-0024 and WebSVN v2.3.3.